Ritual and Ceremony are a lost art in our modern world, but they are so vital to our spiritual wellness.
Ceremony is the bridge between our ordinary life and our spiritual world.
You can join a few friends for a tea ceremony, and use your own intuitive guidance to make it special and personal for what you need. You can also incorporate a ritual of your own into your daily practice. Here are some tips:
Create a space and time for your personal tea ritual, enjoy the process
Your Personal Tea Ritual
10 – 15 minutes of uninterrupted time is all that is required. Like all great moments, set the tone for the occasion, include what has meaning for you. Drink your tea slowly and with reverance, with the intent to get in touch with your spiritual side.
Here are some possible suggestions:
- Select a special cup and saucer, perhaps have a special place
- Read a poem. Out loud.
- Say a little prayer.
- Play a special song or music.
- Light a candle, or incense. Focus on the light and think on your intentions for this tea time.
- Just sit quietly. Sometimes, less is more. Sit in nature if you can – out on your patio or garden
- Do what feels right for you, just do it with intention and meaning
Close the Ritual:
- Close with a moment of gratitude
- Thank yourself for giving yourself the space
- Give thanks for the nourishing ritual that you were able to enjoy
Create a ritual that supports and nourishes you, to make you feel happy and whole