This Sunday September 27, 2015 is the Harvest Moon also described as the Blood Moon.
Details regarding the date are in following link:
The Harvest Moon coupled with the Fall Equinox is a time of light and dark coming into balance. And full moons are always about culmination and completion, a powerful time for us to flex our muscles of courage, and set our powerful intention to release those patterns no longer serving us.
A simple method to release these energies and set our vision for what we want in our future is by a fire ceremony. Get a group of friends together, have a fire outdoors or just have a small personal fire with candles in the comfort of your own home.
A fire ceremony needs to only have a few simple steps:
- Open sacred space with your intent – honor each of the 4 directions, plus earth and sky
- show reverence and respect for the element of fire that is ready and willing to mulch up your unwanted energy and take it back to Mother Earth
- use a small stick or a piece of paper – bring up the feelings of the issue you wish to release and with 3 strong breaths, blow the energy into the stick/paper and release it into the fire
- you may wish to take some of the energy of the fire into your chakras, and wash it over your energy field – while standing close to the fire, take your hand to form a cup and draw in some of the energy of the fire, and place it on your heart, take another cupful to wash it over your head and down your back
- give thanks to the fire, to mother earth for mulching up your heavy energies
- you may also say a prayer and ask for blessings for the earth, for your loved ones and yourself
- close sacred space by repeating the process and giving thanks to the 4 directions, plus earth and sky